- Take care of yourself. You have a responsibility to take care of yourself.
This not an act of selfishness. It will give you the capability of taking
better care of your loved one.
- Seek help from others.
- Recognize the limits of your own endurance and strength.
- Maintain facets of your own life.
Get angry, be depressed, and express other difficult feelings occasionally.
Our caregiver support group provides a safe place for sharing your feelings.
- Take pride in what you are accomplishing and to applaud the courage it
has sometimes taken. Share this, too.
- Protect your individuality.
- Make a life for yourself that will sustain you.